Search This Blog

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Spiritual Coldness

This is a season for beautiful music. Some of the most beautiful music ever composed was written for this season. This morning our church had our annual musical presentation for Christmas. The closing piece was the "Hallelujah Chorus."

I am reminded of a time about thirty years when I was in college and I slid into a spiritual depression, a real cold time, one of the worst of my life. I couldn't shake it. I don't remember everything that I did, but nothing changed.

It was early December, and I attended a full choir, organ, and orchestra concert of Messiah. The beauty of the words and the music had been with me for years, but that year the music and the words broke the coldness and brought my heart back to warmth.

Enjoy the beauty of the music this Christmas season. God gave it to us to enjoy and to warm our hearts. Set aside the time to listen to all of Messiah. The music and the words will revive your hearts and I hope bring you to a greater love and appreciation of our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment