So what are the options?
Our greatest evangelistic tool may (should?) be the fact of death and what happens after. What happens to the human after death? There aren't many options, and most of them deny ultimate human significance.
- That's it. When we die, we die. We bury (or otherwise dispose of) the remains. Any living on is the legacy and whatever we leave behind, for good or bad.
- Reincarnation. We come back in some form, usually tied to how we've lived in this life.
- Some sort of spirit life. I'm not sure what to make of this, as I've not heard much about it.
- Resurrection. We receive new bodies, similar to, but better than our old ones. Life is lived in God's presence with others who are acceptable to him.
- Don't know. I'll hope for the best.
Next post - start talking about each of these options in more detail.