Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gay marriage - some thoughts

So with some trepidation (I've read the comments that follow similar posts on other blogs), I'll offer some thoughts on this topic. I'm not hostile to gays, nor am I necessarily (at this time) opposed to some sort of contractual arrangement for gay relationships.

First, up front - I'm not in favor of gay marriage. Some of my reasons come from Scripture and the roles of men and women that are taught there and the rejection of homosexuality in the Jewish and Christian Scriptures. There are other reasons that I have, similar to those in the first link below.

Gay relations are not the same kind of relationship that heterosexual marriage is.

An excellent post on marriage and its role in society and why gay marriage should not be accepted.
An article by Dennis Prager on homosexuality and the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment