- Fire insurance. While this sounds crass, why else did Jesus warn people to repent and trust him?
- Having a solid base to build one's life on. Jesus' parable of the builders on the rock and the sand comes to mind.
- Being on the winning side in history.
- Being with the creator and redeemer forever.
- Being part of God's plan to redeem humanity and all of creation.
Do you have any others that I should add? Thoughts, comments?
So how do I and other parents encourage our children to follow after us? Obviously we need to live lives that back up what we say we believe. We should also challenge our children. (Check out this article and this one on ten lessons to learn from great Christian minds.)